The METECH brand was introduced into the market as early as 2001. In 2011, with the successful acquisition of the METECH warehouse racking systems, the brand was included into BWYS’ line of products under total storage solution. Metech racking system is one of the largest storage solution manufacturer in Malaysia. We offer light-duty, medium-duty and heavy duty racking systems and supplies to large-scale distributors and warehouses in the region. We also collaborate with warehouse solution providers to cater for automated storage systems. It carries a wide selection of standard and customizable storage systems that have been specially designed and developed to cater to the demands of various industries. METECH Pallet Racking Systems are subject to the highest standard of paint finish through the latest pre-phosphate technology and phosphate drying ovens in RAL powder coating paint polymers, the most modern and technologically advanced Powder Coating line in Malaysia and in the Asia-Pacific region.
During a multi-stage pre-treatment process, the surface of the metal is chemically covered with an adherent layer of iron phosphate crystals. This crystalline layer, which is non-conductive, provides the finish coat with excellent protection and prevents the onset of galvanic corrosion should any ruptures occur on the coat. The result is impeccable paint quality with a consistent layer of thickness, excellent degree of surface adhesion as well as greater scratch and impact resistance. Under the Group’s purview, the METECH Racking Systems have successfully Fuji, Guam, Middle East and Russia.
- Design and propose storage to customers
- Provide propose layout & quotation
- Racking inspection service
- Help reduce labour cost while lowering workforce requirements and increase safety.
- Greatly minimize the time needed for the process of stockpiling and retrieval as it is done completely with automated robots and thus are more efficient.
- With the roots that run deep on racking technologies for more than 29 years, the founder of METECH Racking started the manufacturing of pallet racking system for the Asia Pacific Region since 1988. They started the business as manufacturer & supplier by doing OEM product for all racking accessories.
- In the year of 2000, to be aligned with the company strategy to expand worldwide on the racking system, the brand of “METECH” Racking System was established and published to the market.
- In the year of 2011, METECH Racking System was acquired by BWYS Group of companies, a well-known company in Malaysia that specialist in manufacturing of construction steel works & design, and also to continue to bring METECH Racking system to higher achievement. METECH Racking System is managed by YS Success Industries Sdn Bhd (a member of BWYS Groups of Companies)
- YS Success Industries Sdn Bhd have been awarded with ISO 9001:2008 by SIRIM International Certification for its stringent quality, reliability and excellent service in design and manufacturer of racking system.
- METECH Racking is proud to be one of the leading world-class manufacturers in Malaysia & International, on its stringent quality product & providing the best solution on racking storage system.
- METECH Racking has successfully penetrated to more than 20 countries world-wide, covering the Asian Region, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, Guam & Middle East.
- METECH Racking is also one of the manufacturer that provide full range of storage racking system, from Selective Pallet Racking System, drive-in system, Push Back System, Racking Automation System, Satellite Racking system and etc.
- METECH Racking has successfully dominated into all kinds industries including Multinational Company, Logistic Hubs & Warehousing, Hypermarket, Hospital & Medical Departmental & etc.
- METECH Racking System has its own Research & Development team (R&D) for continuous product improvement & to provide with the latest technologies as one of the top storage solution service provider.
- To align with company strategy by providing stringent quality product, METECH racking products are tested by Malaysia Top University & third party testing lab on the product durability & quality.
Metalock – Heavy Duty Racking System
Selective Racking System is one of the most popular storage systems from METECH. It provides 100% accessibility and ensures smooth practicality obstacles-free and faultless stock rotation. In addition to that, it comes with great flexibility being fully adjustable and easily installed. Equipment and capital investment for this selective racking system is also the most economical and efficient. METECH offers a full range of compatible accessories for various pallet types, sizes and weights for the system. Safety or rack protection accessories such as corner guards, column guards, post guards, wire mesh, pallet back stopper are available in order to enhance the safety features of the storage system.
The advantage of SELECTIVE Racking System:
- Adjustable pallet racking
- Popular and economical form.
- Providing 100% selective storage up to 12M in height.
- Used in conjunction with all types of lift trucks & forklift
- Good product rotation.
Designed to increase storage capacity, double-deep racking system is capable to store two pallets deep in a single-entry rack or four pallets deep in a double entry rack. This system is particularly beneficial when the throughput is low while fast movement of pallets is not critical. A special reaching truck with double-pantograph or extendable fork is used in this racking system
The advantage of DOUBLE DEEP Racking System:
- Derivative to the Selective Pallet Racking Systems.
- Require the use of specialist Reach Truck
- Achieving capacity of 30% more than Selective Pallet Racking, with 50% of accessibility.
- Excellent method of increasing warehouse capacity (alternative systems of Drive-In with low cost).
- Average stock rotation.
Created to offer maximum storage capacity by using up only minimum space, this drive-in drive-through racking system consists of blocks undivided by aisles. This system is designed to efficiently suit the storage of homogeneous products in large quantity. Picking and storage is facilitated by forklift trucks driving right into the racks.
Drive-In Racking: Picking and replenishment are carried out from one side.
Drive-Through: Both sides of the racking are used.
The advantage of DRIVE-IN Racking System :
- Ideal solution to high density conventional block stacking.
- Designed with various depths according to requirement
- Suited to store homogeneous products.
- FILO (First In Last Out) racking operation system.
- A batch of non-homogenous products can stored at the same lane.
- Average floor utilization (60%), limited stock rotation, slow picking rate.
Carefully-designed with no compromise on durability and safety, METECH Very Narrow Aisle (VNA) racking systems feature aisles that are marginally yet sufficiently wider than the loads, making full use of roof height to create ultimate storage capacity for space-concerned customers. The system maintains the essential 100%-accessibility and outstanding goods protection feature to ensure quick picking rate and flawless stock rotation.
VNA forklift truck equipment that comes with either man-up or man-down cabins that are capable of reaching higher beam levels are used in this exceptionally competent system.
The advantage of VERY NARROW AISLE (VNA) Racking System :
- Optimum use of floor area and roof height.
- Achieving capacity of 40% more than Selective Pallet Racking.
- Operator cabins may be elevating or static. Aisles are only marginally wider than the handling equipment.
- Pick Up and Dispatch (P&D) stations at the end of each aisle.
- Good stock rotation, fast picking rate.
The Cantilever Racking System is designed to maximize storage space while giving you easy accessibility. It has no vertical obstructions thus very useful for storing long objects. Typical loads are metal extrusions, steel bars, tubes, pipes, furniture and other long items.
Available in both single sided and double sided configurations.
The double sided rack provides maximum storage capacity on a single central column.
The Single sided rack is designed to fit flush against a wall.
The advantage of CANTILEVER Racking System :
- Individual design concept for special oversized goods space requirement.
- Adjustable cantilever arms allow easy adjustment to all different kinds of storage heights and loads.
- Can be manufactured for single or double faced usage.
Also knowing as Dynamic Storage, Live Storage is consist of a number of systems that to be added into pallet racking system to work with pallets, tote boxes or cartons. It is suitable for goods that perish quickly, e.g. foodstuffs. Via Live Storage, it would ensure these product being stored & retrieve fast enough to ensure the stock rotation could match perfectly with the expiry dates.
The most common 3 types of Live Storage racking comes in three different forms.
This is a design which works by inserting goods into the back of the structure and removing them from the front. This is an excellent method of storage because it means perfect stock rotation will be achieved. It also offers a good storage density and each carton is supported providing a high level of quality storage. Picking errors could be minimized by giving each product a dedicated lane.
CART PUCH BACK
This method uses special beams and pushback assembly sub-frames running front to back in each bay. The tracks are mounted at an angle so when a forklift truck pushes a pallet into a bay, the one that is already there is pushed backwards. When the pallet at the front is removed, the one behind it will roll to the front. One of the features of this system is that the pallets can be stocked four deep, conserving space and allowing easy organizing of your stock.
This works in exactly the same way as carton live storage except on a much bigger scale. Whole pallets can be stored in this way making it ideal for fast moving, perishable goods that are received and dispatched in large quantities. One of the main features of using this system is that any size and shape of pallet can be handled.
The advantage of LIVE STORAGE Racking System :
- First-In First-Out (FIFO) principle.
- Used to store different commodities, more picking available.
- Support to all kind of pallet sizes.
- An alternative to Drive-In System where there are insufficient homogenous pallets for a Drive-In Systems to operate successfully.
Multi-Tier Racking System (MTR) is a mezzanine that is design and built via the pallet racking components. It can be the most efficient and economical method to create extra floor space within the building area compounds. Depending on the design and load requirements, its height can be maximize up until building’s ceiling height. MTR is most suitable for storage of small to medium size items, which is meant for manual archive or retrieval methods.
Additionally the system also come with a wide variety of customizable options to suite the usage:-
(1) Shelf Decking Type
(2) Floor Decking Type
- Slotted Panel
- Mesh Grating
- Perforated Steel Plank
- Steel Plate / Checker Plate
- Cat Ladder
- Loading Gate
- Barrier Handrail
Structural Steel Platform(SSP) is a mezzanine but it was built via long steel items, eg I-Beam, RSC Beam, Hallow Section and etc. Similarly as MTR, based on requirement, there are various type of Floor Decking Type & Accessories could added to the design of SSP.
The main 2 advantage of SSP is :
• Have less columns beneath the platform.
• Customizable to floor loading as high as 1000Kgs/m2.
Satellite, also known as Pallet Shuttle system, is a semi-auto-mated system that stores and retrieves pallets from multiple deep racking using a remote controlled. Pallets move on a carrier shuttle that sits on rails installed onto the racking system, thereby allowing for easy back and forth retrievals.
This semi-automated storage system does not require the forklift to enter lanes for storing and retrieval, reducing the handling time and the risk of accident or damage to the racking structure. The Pallet Shuttle system offers a compact storage solution that reduces operating costs and improves performance in the supply chain.
Suitable for high SKUs and high density product storage
Operate on both ‘Last In First Out’ (LIFO) and ‘First In First Out’ (FIFO) principle
Maximises the use of available space in terms of both area and height
Load capacity up to 1,000kg per pallet
Automated Storage and Retrieval System also known as ASRS is an advanced high precision fully automated storage racking design combining stacker cranes and purpose-design material handling equipment systems interlinked into a network of its own within the warehouse.
Also known as the man-less warehouse solution, the ASRS can run on its own via the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Warehouse Control Software (WCS) enabling instantaneous tracking, storing and retrieval of goods.
It is particularly suitable for heavy load storage, high throughput and complex storage mapping requirements.
Accessories / Components
We offers a wide range of rack components and accessories to complement its various racking systems. These include the Upright, Box Beam, Safety Barriers, Row Spacers and Pallet Support Bars, Column Guards, Corner Guards, Pallet Back Stopper, Barrel Chocks, Base Plate and Guard Rail
- Horizontal & Diagonal Bracing
- Column Guard
- Corner Guard
- Pallet Support Bar
- Safety Barrier
- Steel or Plywood Decking Panel
- Row Spacer
- Barrel Chocks
- Guide Rail
- Bay Load Signs
- Row Maker
- Box Beam